I attended a general session presentation by Johnny Earle, of Johnny Cupcakes, who by the way, doesn’t sell baking goods. They sell T-shirts!
It was a fascinating talk and his remarks were delivered in a rapid fire way. The following were my notes.
His overarching theme was “Everything is an experience!”
He talked about:
- Failing - fail fast - think of it as experimenting;
- Experimenting is how you grow;
- Sell memories, stories and themes;
- Social media giveaways are a way to connect;
- Collaborate to grow - it gives other folks a chance to learn what you do; and
- People like new experiences - what are you doing is this arena?
He went on to say, what makes you unique? You want to stand out from all the other chambers in the neighboring towns, his insights:
- Testimonials sell - it creates trust;
- Events foster real relationships;
- Good design is inviting;
- It’s all about human to human;
- Write notes on your business cards; and
- Customer loyalty - you must be loyal to them.
He ended with your brand is your story! For a past blog post on What's Your Brand go HERE.