- Attend all meetings
- Accepts and supports the board’s charge
- Plans board meetings and agenda with chief staff executive
- Leadership of board
- Appointment of all committee chairs
- Evaluates board efforts and communicates accomplishments to the board and chamber members
Responsibilities of the Staff Executive:
- Maintain contact with the chair
- Provide support to the board
- Prepare meeting agendas with chairman’s approval
- Create the minutes with chairman’s approval
- Prepare board/annual reports to the membership at large (if/when needed)
Make sure you go over this “Memo of Understanding” document with your incoming chairman, get acceptance and make sure each of you have a copy. I kept mine on my desk every day!
Sample Memorandum of Understanding.