Some chambers may have a formal onboarding program for the new CEO with an official plan of action for the new chief staff over their first 100 days.
If they don’t, and knowing while there’s no one list that fits all, here’s a few suggestions that should help you get started in creating your to-do-list when you start that new job.
- Meet with every board member in their office;
- Review staff resumes and job descriptions;
- Meet with each staff person individually and as a group;
- Ask specific questions and listen to everybody;
- Don’t make any changes overnight; and
- Communicate your vision to all (staff, volunteers and the community).
Remember, you’ve heard the saying, if you’ve met one chamber, you’ve met one chamber. Tailor the above suggestions to the needs of your specific opportunity.
Create your list today for your next opportunity.