- Approval of previous meeting minutes;
- Consent calendar for committee and task force reports;
- Mega issue as a discussion item: a topic previously identified for further review and research;
- Full board participation to study the facts and findings of the research; and
- Action item: vote on the mega issue.
In a true knowledge-based governance model, the board should have all the necessary information to make a decision on the mega issue right after it has been presented to the full board, presumably by a current board member with proper collateral materials on the mega issue, with staff support/input.