It’s time for the “new member” kit. First impressions are very important. Take the time to put some thought into your first new member communication.
Many new member kits include the following:
- Thank you letter and membership card;
- Certificate of membership;
- List of upcoming events; and
- A volunteer form.
Use this communication to ask the new member to become active. Ask them to do three things:
- Register on your website for an upcoming program;
- Put their new member certificate in a prominent place for their customers to see; and
- Tell us what issues are important to you as a small business owner.
Now it’s your turn to continue that dialogue throughout the year. First year retention is your goal.
Engage that member. Retain that member!